Friday, November 20, 2009

san francisco

lost again in alley scrubs seeking a straight path among inclining bricks buildings odd and sharp as needles loom over us all braving a short walk home, canyons of cracked asphalt and singular puddles alive with oil cans and rainbows that spread out in decaying circles concentric and amorphous at once, greased and glistening from stuttering lights hanging over a servants entrance of a restaurant kitchen where we seen strange men in white aprons and t-shirts wield their professional knives and hoist more trays of filthy dishes to a crowded aluminum counter, long cars and short cabs drive by on the main street we walk to, past dumpsters and cardboard condominiums exposing an arm or leg only half concealed during a dream of rain, the slurred hissing of tires on the street, someone shaking a bell, store fronts lit bright in righteously fake light of heaven, something is about to erupt over the spires that prod the clouds full of northern rain, there's not a taxi anywhere as we stand there full of food and shivering in the wind.

3 comments:

Pris said...

Beautifully written!

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jesse

TED BURKE said...

A CREDO MISLAID

Not this day or that
or even a day in spring
when I might sing
or dance three—legged across the floor
hailing the end of the night
as another eve of
hedged bets,

Not even a month of Sundays
could cajole easy praise for
proper nouns naming roads
that honor killers
stitched together with
the cheapest-oar
the pins won’t stick,
the alibis won’t adhere
to St. Peter's beard,


Never in the lightest years
would I dream denying the
truth of a
small flower blooming across the street
from a three car pile—up:

Irony is cheap
when the market bears a grudge.